Monday, July 25, 2011

lost for words...

Well, I'll start by saying that most of you know me as a humorous gal who loves to laugh and feel pretty much carefree. This post is nothing of the such, so I'll apologize for the length of it. I just felt drawn to share this with everyone...

Frequently, I come across something that really and truly makes me stop dead in my tracks and get down on my knees to whole heartedly thank our heavenly Father for. Whether it be the health of my family, the love from our Lord, or the blessings He has bestowed on us, I feel like I could never repay the debts I owe. Tonight as I was scrolling through blogs, after I got Carter asleep in his sweet bed, I happened upon a particular fellow blogger that kept me at her domain for over an hour. Her name is Courtney Roth, and her family is from Ponchatoula, Louisiana, which is near Hammond. For the last two years, she and her husband, along with a vast array of doctors, pharmacists, nurses, and family members, have been providing CONSTANT CARE of their sweet baby Tripp.
You see, Tripp is not your average 2 yr. old. He has a very rare skin disease that requires CONSTANT CARE to change bandages, giving meds, and making all attempts to keep this little guy comfortable through the constant pain. I will let you know that this mother's journey is not for the faint of heart. Although some of the pictures are extremely hard to bear, as a mother, you began to see this precious baby through her eyes, which makes him perfect.
You see, after reading about sweet Tripp, I had to stop and realize just how blessed most of us truly are for our healthy babies. Sometimes I get really tired of playing StarWars or good guys vs. bad guys... I get aggrevated when I have to clean up spilled apple juice all over my freshly mopped floor... I tend to get irritated about having to repeat myself several times to clean his room, but tonight, in the stillness of my home, with the faint sound of my husband snoring on one end and the thought of my sweet, healthy 5 year old soundly asleep on the other, all I can do is praise Him.
I praise Him because I am so blessed, and I praise this brave mother for being the kind of mother all of us could hope to be. And you know what?... my everyday aggrevations and irritations seem so pointless and small. I feel so pointless and small. Then I realize that we are under the CONSTANT CARE of our Father and Savior who has a special plan for us all.
I urge you to read this mother's story and look into your own. If you can't think of something to be thankful for, bless you.
http://www.randycourtneytripproth.blogspot.com/
Godspeed, precious baby Tripp. You are a hero to us all.

1 comments:

Kelli Herrington said...

I am with you I feel the same way, Thanks for sharing I will have to check out her blog.