Tuesday, March 2, 2010

the blahs...

Okay, maybe some of you can sympathize with a sista here... I have been in, what some may call, a 'winter funk.' I mean, come on.... the sun is out, then it's back to gloomy, over and over and over.... the kids can't go outside because it is either too wet or too cold... I'm really sick of winter clothes (so is my pal Robin)... and on top of it all, I turn another year older on Friday (yuck). This kind of mood is what my MawMaw Strong would call "having a case of the blahs." I'm really not complaining about my life. I mean God has surely blessed me with a great one. It's just, well you know what I mean, right?...

And what about Jake choosing Vienna??!! None of you may be Bachelor fans, but this topic is worth googling. I stayed up way past my bed time last night to watch a DVR'd version of it. All you moms know what I mean about the DVR. (the best invention since the purse) Anyway, I'm sorry I'm just rambling. It's been one of those kind of days.

Maybe it will be pretty weather this weekend because guess what? My Ben is taking me out for a meal at the Mohawk and a movie on Friday, and my gal LO and I are going to see George and Reba in Little Rock on Saturday. Yaaayyyy!!!! I can't wait to make an idiot out of myself over that Wrangler butt and sing Fancy at the top of my lungs. It's going to be grrreat! (oh, by the way, I was talking about George's butt, not Reba's)

5 comments:

AnnaClaire said...

i know how you feel on the birthdays...i have one next month-yuck!!! yall have fun at george & happy birthday!!!

Sarah Morris said...

thanks! you too!

kandik22 said...

I totally have a case of the blahs. Sunshine and warmth are the only cure. Totally feel ya. Have fun this weekend! You deserve it! And I think the weather is supposed to be nice so enjoy it! I'll be sitting in a conference all weekend! Boo.

Carey said...

Girl you are cracking me up! I'm soooooo jealous about the concert!!!!! Seriously, way jealous!

This is the first season of the bachelor i haven't watched in a while. I mean I know the show is stupid and totally not realistic but season after season I got sucked in wondering who they would pick and feeling totally disgusted at the end!!! So I swore it off and had some trouble not turning it on especially hearing all the hype about his choice, but I'm much happier living in ignorant bliss and not being ticked at the stupid Bachelor :)

Have a great weekend!! Sing loud for me!

Sarah Morris said...

Hahahaha! I will be sure to sing loud and proud for all my peeps!