Tuesday, February 8, 2011

fun times ahead...




Yesterday, we learned Cart would have to have tubes put in his ears and tonsils/adnoids removed on the 24th... this should be interesting. Poor baby has hardly ever been sick until recently. When he did get sick, it was something major... like the flu or Roseola. Anyway, after about a month of not hearing well and ear infections left and right, we finally got in to the ENT and the results were pretty much expected.
He's growing up so fast. I can remember the fear in my heart when he was in the NICU after he was born. I can't hardly stand to think about an IV in that little hand again... I guess that's why he's a mama's boy. His little sideways smirk and red stork bite on his forehead get me every time. I know this procedure is very routine and will turn out fine... it's just me being a worrying mama. As of right now, he's okay with the thought of hearing better and his throat getting well. The fun will start after the surgery, I'm afraid.


5 comments:

Kelli Herrington said...

Poor Thing! Maci had to do that when she was 2. Dr. Wilson Barham did her at P&S. The third and fourth day will be the worse. Yes mommies def freak out bc we dont want our baby to have to go through this or have any complications. I will be praying for ya'll.

"B" said...

Be prepared! I know a mommy that passed out at the sight of her precious son after surgery. Thank heavens there was a bed that caught mommy as she went down! Lucky for the kid that Grandma was there also or else he would have been on his own.

Wishing you all the best.

Sarah Morris said...

Thanks, y'all. Hope it goes well. I think the grandparents are more on edge than anyone!

Rebecca said...

Reed is going the 16th for his 2nd set of tubes and adnoids removed. The first time wasn't bad...it is just keeping him entertained from 5-7 am the morning of with NO food! Hope all goes well with Cart. Will let you know how Reed's second time around goes.

kandik22 said...

Umm, so sorry that I haven't seen this until now! I have been terrible about keeping up with blogs. So sorry yall had to go throught that, but hopefully Cart will be back to normal soon. I understand, though. It's terrifying that your little baby has to have surgery, no matter how routine it is. Love yall and talk to you soon.