Tuesday, April 27, 2010

my graduate...


Yes, I know this makes me ancient, but I just wanted to let everyone know how proud I am of my nephew, Seth Tom. I cannot believe he is graduating... it just doesn't seem possible. The other remarkable thing is that upon graduating as co-Valedictorian, he will be already classified as a Sophomore in college from taking the last year and a half of college courses. (Yeah, he gets his smarts from his aunt.) It's bad enough his sister, Sassy turned 15 last week! They are still supposed to be babies... Anyway, I thought I'd post these for my buds whom have not seen Seth since he looked like the top pic. I know. Sad, huh?!
I'll end with my favorite Seth story. (Sorry, man, it's just what us proud aunts do.) When he was around 3, he had a mean addiction to Blue Bell Cookies 'n Cream icecream. He was a snob about it, too. No sneaking in any generics, he knew his stuff. Well, one day after realizing I could not fulfill his "Tookies 'n Tream" request because of the lack there of in Mom's freezer, I decided on trying to put one past his palette by serving him chocolate chip. After about 2 spoonfuls and alot of wallerin' around, my mini consure picked a piece of chocolate out of the bowl and brought it to my attention. "Aunt Say, what kind of icetream is this?" I told him I thought it was cookies n' cream. He proceeded, with the chocolate spec on his chubby finger, "Does this wook wike a tookie to you?"
Congratulations, Seth Tom! I'm so proud of you and the man you have become. We love you!
*graduation invitation courtesy of Edy Nicholson Photography - great job, by the way, Mrs. Nic!*

4 comments:

Kitchen Belleicious said...

Congrats to your nephew. I would be proud as well. Just wanted to stop by and thank you for visiting last week. I would have been by sooner but we throw a b-day party for Grant at Mom's house and I have been busy busy since being back home. I love love your stuff. I got a canvas plaque for a gift for Grant last year and it is my fav thing in his room. Hope you have a great week. Oh and would love for you to sponsor Kitchen Belleicious if you decide to do more sponsorhips in the future. Love ya
Jessica

sandy said...

can't believe seth is already graduating.....proud of his accomplishments! And, i'm telling you, getting ahead in college is great. you should all be proud of him! and mary kait, didn't realize she was already 15! (i haven't called her sassy since she was little and told me she didn't like it.) Don't blink or you'll look up and your baby will be on that stage too!

kim danley said...

sweet post... i know u r so proud of him... i can't believe he is graduating... where in the world does time go girl????

Shannon said...

Yay for your nephew! I am a new follower from SM and from Carey's blog, Providence. Looking forward to reading more. Have a great weekend.