Wednesday, January 20, 2010

who said it would be fun?...

Okay, for the past two weekends in a row, we have been renovating our house little by little. What I mean is, I have been deciding on what needs to be 're-did', and my wonderful, patient Ben has been assisting. This past weekend, I managed to finally complete my bathroom project that has been in the process since July. (Stop laughing Martha, I know you're reading this.) Anyway, I am now on to my next project...
Painting the Formica in my kitchen! A good pal told me that Lowe's now has a wonderful kit to repaint old Formica and make it new again. This said kit only costs $25.00 and covers 25 feet of counter space. We got 2 kits, just in case. The real kicker is that you have to wait 3 days on it to dry completely... yes, I said 3 days of not touching. This should be interesting. Not only do both of us grown folks have habits of automatically setting everything on the counter as soon as we come through the door, but Cart is a semi-permanent 'counter ornament' as he sits perched, watching me cook. Anyway, I'll let y'all know the outcome.

3 comments:

Carey said...

definitely let me know...I have a bathroom that has stained formica. I'd love to redo it!

E. said...

I would love to know how it turns out. We looked those kits over the last time we were in there.

kim danley said...

poor ben!!!...LOL!!